Thursday 14 July 2016

Today on ‎Soulsearch‬ with Adedoyinsola Aladedahunsi



What are your thoughts when you hear that a married woman is the breadwinner in her home?  Be honest.  Do you think, “wow, that is awesome… she is doing her thing?”  Or, do you think, “why the heck is she the breadwinner… what is her husband doing?”

Well, Check this story  and share your thoughts.


I am a civil servant in Akure but would prefer not to mention my name. I've been providing for my family from the onset as I know my responsibilities as a father and husband but things went wrong when salary stopped coming in due to the state of the economy in the state. Recently my wife has been bringing money to the table, she even paid the children's school fees some...times in May.

I try all my best to at least fend for the family. Unknown to her, I do some small jobs and I come home with two or four thousand naira as the case may be but I'm still ashamed of the fact that I cannot perform my responsibilities. To make matters worse, my wife has started complaining about having to be the one to put food on the table. She nags these days and it breaks my heart.


Even when I go out to look for money and come back in the evening, she still accuses me of cheating because according to her I'm supposed to stay at home since civil servants are on strike. Though people say women will be your friend when you have the money but will run away when the money is no more. This is the first time I'm experiencing this. I can't believe she's reacting in this manner.....Please Help

No comments:

Post a Comment