Wednesday 2 November 2016

Justin Timberlake Will Release His Next Album 'When it Feels Right'.


Justin Timberlake has been dropping hints about his forthcoming album since releasing “Can’t Stop the Feeling!” this summer. But when asked about a release date for the collection, Timberlake told Variety, “I think everyone I’m working with right now knows I’m notorious for being like, ‘Yeah, let’s work. I have no idea when I’ll put it out, though.’ I’ll put it out when it’s done, when it feels right.”


The singer added, “I’m just in the now of now. I think it’s an effect of just enjoying my life more. For a long time I lived my life for a lot of other people, or for the idea that those other people had an idea of me. And whatever — there’s a guy who’s gonna wake up tomorrow and transfer an organ from one body to another and save someone’s life — so what are we even doing?”
Outside of working on new music for the soundtrack of Trolls, Timberlake has been working with a handful of producers–including Timbaland, Max Martin, and Pharrell Williams–for his fifth studio album. Williams, who hasn’t worked with Timberlake on an album since he made his debut as a solo artist with Justified, told Variety that the album will feature “a good solid six [songs] that are like, ‘Whoa, what was that? Play that again.’”

Though he didn’t confirm his next album’s release, Timberlake did provide a detailed description of the material on his new LP.

“I wouldn’t say [my new material] is the antithesis of 20/20, but it does sound more singular,” he says. “If 20/20 sounded like it literally surrounds your entire head, this stuff feels more like it just punches you between the eyes.”

Earlier this year, Timberlake told EW that the process of making the album was “lovely.” He said, “I’ve been in and out of the studio, obviously, with some of my more frequent – and less frequent – collaborators. I guess I’m resigned to the fact that I’m a tortoise when it comes to this process. I can’t imagine doing it any other way. I just feel like it’s so important to never have the cart before the horse when it comes to making a record.”

No comments:

Post a Comment