Thursday 6 October 2016

Kid Cudi Sparks #YouGoodMan To Encourage Black Men to Speak About Mental Health.

Black men around the world are taking to social media and using the hashtag #YouGoodMan to open up about mental health problems, after the rapper Kid Cudi's announcement that he was seeking treatment for anxiety and depression.

In a Facebook post on Tuesday, Cudi, 32, told fans he had checked himself into a rehabilitation facility having felt suicidal urges.

He said and I quote "My anxiety and depression have ruled my life for as long as I can remember and I never leave the house because of it," he continued. "I cant make new friends because of it. I dont trust anyone because of it and I'm tired of being held back in my life. I deserve to have peace. I deserve to be happy and smiling."

Shortly after Cudi's message, which received an outpouring of fan support, the hashtag #YouGoodMan – an opportunity for black men to be candid about their own battles with mental health – began trending on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment